Canada’s tech startup community is quickly growing. If your company is based in Canada and want American customers, you’re going to want an easy way to talk and support those customers. In this post, we’ll go over how to get a US phone number in Canada (hint: it’s easier than you think and very affordable!)
The first solution to come to mind when getting a phone number for business is google voice. Unfortunately, google voice isn’t offered in Canada. Luckily, there are plenty of other alternatives.
Benefits of Having a US Phone Number for your Canadian Startup
- It’s legal and very easy to use. You won’t end up on spam lists and blocked from talking to your customers / users
- You can use your US phone number to register for some sites that are typically blocked in Canada
- You can give your American customers a number to talk to your team which builds trust
- You eliminate long distance international calls
How to Get a US Phone Number in Canada
(You’ll need an active email account and smartphone or computer to access Reach Business Phone)
- Create your account on reachphone.co
- Choose your number
- Once you confirm your email, you will have your US phone number e
- That’s it. You can now start receiving calls and texts to that number.
The great thing about tech companies is you can have customers all over the world. Having a US phone number will add legitimacy to your business, build trust with American customers, and give you the tools to grow and scale your business. If you enjoyed this article, here’s another look at making sure you are building a business and not a job.